Happy July! Hope you summer is going well so far, and that you’ve been enjoying some of these longer, warmer days. It’s hard to believe that we’re already halfway through 2018. Since we’re at this mid-year milestone, we wanted to share with you some numbers on what we’ve done so far.
- CGB has held 198 different events already this year, with 44 opportunitiesin June alone! View our calendar of events and sign up for your next one here.
- There have been 6 Social Events supporting Columbus Recreation & Parks, Special Olympics Ohio, Columbus Unscripted, Wild Goose Creative, Give Back Hack, The Homeless Families Foundation, The Franklinton Playhouse, and Columbus Metropolitan Library. Sign up to join the CGB team at the Charity Day 5k Monday, July 2nd to kick off Red, White and Boom!
- We’ve hosted 6 Philanthropic Happy Hours in collaboration with Habitat for Humanity, Franklin County Dog Shelter, Girls Pint Out, Columbus SOUP, Central Community House, and Special Olympics Ohio. Our friends at Endeavor Brewing were even kind enough to brew us our very own beer earlier in May, which sold out every week. This month we’ll be at Brewdog Franklinton to support Star House.
- CGB has partnered with 169 non-profits and community organizations to help them achieve their missions in serving our community.
- We’ve had over 800 volunteers come out to the events offered, 549 of these were distinct individuals –we have something special in store for you if we can get to 1,000 by the end of the year!
- Our volunteers have completed over 2,200 hours of service, and we still have 6 months left before this year is over!
Wow! I know the year is only halfway through and we’ve already accomplished so much! We couldn’t have done any of this without our wonderful volunteers, though, so thank you for all that you do. Additionally, for anyone looking to become more involved in Columbus Gives Back, please save the date for Thursday, July 19th. We will be holding an information session on how to become an event leader, and would love to see you there!
Wishing you a safe and fun rest of your summer!