What: Pantry assistants are needed both inside the traditional pantry and helping us with curbside service. When you arrive, we’ll assign you a position in one of these two areas. You may be rotated during your shift or you may remain in one area.
- Greeting the families and providing them with the necessary information on how to shop in the pantry.
- Assist families that are shopping on the pantry floor by explaining how to use pantry selection charts, and by answering questions regarding service.
- Help organize and maintain stocked shelves from the available pantry inventory.
- Converse with families, assist them in making food selections, push shopping carts and help bag groceries.
- Taking pre-packed food orders from our pantry to our shoppers waiting in their cars.
- Maintain a clean, welcoming, and dignified space.
Where: 3960 Brookham Drive, Grove City, OH 43123. Enter through the food pantry doors on the east side of the building (closest to I-71).Check in at the food pantry office to sign-in.
When: Wednesday, April 1st from 4:30pm-8pm.
Event Leaders: email@example.com
About Kroger Food Pantry: Established in 2012, the Kroger Community Food Pantry operates as a choice food pantry and is open to the community four days a week. Last year, the Pantry provided groceries to nearly 8,000 households in the greater Columbus Area. The success of the Pantry depends on the commitment and generosity of many volunteers. Mid-Ohio Foodbank needs volunteers to staff the Welcome Desk, stock grocery items, and assist families shopping in the Pantry.
About #CbusGivesBack: Columbus Gives Back coordinates group volunteer events with local non-profits, organizes philanthropic happy hours to raise support and awareness for our non-profit partners, and participates in other philanthropic events while emphasizing our social twist: to have fun with volunteers new and old during and after events in the hopes of creating a culture of community engagement amongst our target audience of young professionals.
After the Event: Please join us for some food and drinks after the event at a nearby restaurant for our #socialtwist
Cancellation Policy: Due to the nature of our events, an accurate headcount is important. Please contact one of the event coordinators if you have RSVP’ed but are unable to attend this event.