What: This is a competition for # of bags of litter picked up. Rules are below!
What to bring: Please bring durable shoes that can get dirty and gloves if you prefer to have your own. Keep Columbus Beautiful will provide each team with equipment that includes safety vests, gloves, litter grabbers, and trash bags.
Where: Roosevelt Park, 1046 Studer Ave. Columbus, OH 43206. We will meet at the park and split up to cover our area (map below)
When: Tuesday, July 9th (6pm – 8pm)
Event Leaders: email@example.com
1. Opening Day kick off on Saturday May 18, 2019. Last day for play is Saturday August 24, 2019.
2. Each player must complete a liability waiver. We will have these on-site.
3. Neighborhood Liaison Officers will be notified of all regularly scheduled cleanups, however, if you feel unsafe at any time please contact 614-645-4545 or in the case of an emergency dial 911.
4. Keep Columbus Beautiful will provide each team with equipment that includes safety vests, gloves, litter grabbers, and trash bags.
5. Team Captains are responsible for submitting a Score Sheet to report stats after each cleanup via Columbus Litter League website.
6. Teams will score 1 run for every two FULL bags of litter collected.
7. Tires and bulk items will not be included in scoring and CANNOT be collected during Litter League.
About Keep Columbus Beautiful: Keep Columbus Beautiful is a City of Columbus community improvement program and a national affiliate of Keep America Beautiful. KCB focuses on public education and volunteer service related to quality of life environmental issues including litter, recycling and beautification.
About Columbus Gives Back: We love Columbus, young professionals, and getting involved! Our mission is to connect young professionals across central Ohio and engage them in our communities through 35-40 social volunteer and philanthropic opportunities per month.
#SocialTwist: After the event, we encourage you to join us for food or drinks and have fun with other cool volunteers like you!