Sips and Giggles is a benefit fundraiser for CFF where guests will enjoy a night of robust wine tastings from up to 20 wineries designed for both wine connoisseurs and casual wine drinkers alike. Samples of specialty craft beers from local brewers will be on hand and premier restaurant, Eddie Merlot’s will supply delicious bite sized tastings to enjoy as well. As the evening progresses, the comedy club lounge will open where headlining comics Dave McCreary and Dan Swartwout will be joined by Jeff Robinson to bring on the giggles.
Where: Hilton Columbus/Polaris, 8700 Lyra Drive, Columbus OH 43240
When: Friday, November 8, 6pm – 10:30pm
Event Leaders: email@example.com
What: We will be helping with the following tasks!
- Set Up– volunteers to show up before registration and help us set up the registration and auction areas for the event
- Registration/Check Out- volunteers to work our computers and electronically check in guests as well as take their payment (training provided to these volunteers before event starts. Must be proficient on a computer).
- Greeters– volunteers standing near the entrance to welcome and direct guests to registration.
- Wine Pull– volunteers to work the table where we will have a random assortment of wines between a certain price range wrapped up so you can’t see what bottle is what. Guests will pay one amount (the amount of the cheapest bottle in the bunch) and pull any wrapped bottle they want with the chance of getting a bottle that is worth more than what they paid. They can buy more than one bottle but they can’t peak or put a bottle back to exchange for another. Once they pull the bottle, they have to keep that. It’s a part of the fun!) Volunteers at this station will make sure that the guests are filling out the ticket with their info and the number of bottles they want to buy and keeping track of these cards so we can enter them into our system for payment before checkout.
- Restaurant Tree– much like the wine pull, we’ll need volunteers to work the station where we’ll have an assortment of restaurant gift cards for different amounts wrapped up and they pay the price of the cheapest gift card for their chance to pull a gift card that is worth much more. They can’t swap out any cards they get for new ones, once they pick the card and open it, they have to keep that one). Volunteers at this station will make sure that the guests are filling out the ticket with their info and the number of cards they want to buy and keeping track of these cards so we can enter them into our system for payment before checkout.
- Silent Auction Monitors– volunteers to stand in the auction area near the items and monitor the bidding process. We use mobile bidding so these volunteers will have an iPad (provided by us) to assist anyone who does not wish to use their own phone for bidding, or needs the bidding link sent to them. (Training on how to use our bidding program will be provided to these volunteers prior to the event start as well). These volunteers will also assist the item winners at the end of the event by confirming and handing them the items they won.
- Clean Up– volunteers to stay and help staff load materials into their cars (this event has a very simple and quick cleanup process). The more people we have, the faster it goes.
About the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation: CF is a rare genetic disease found in about 30,000 people in the U.S. If you have CF or are considering testing for it, knowing about the role of genetics in CF can help you make informed decisions about your health care.
About Columbus Gives Back: We love Columbus, young professionals, and getting involved! Our mission is to connect young professionals across central Ohio and engage them in our communities through 35-40 social volunteer and philanthropic opportunities per month.
#SocialTwist: After the event, we encourage you to join us for food or drinks and have fun with other cool volunteers like you!
Cancellation Policy: Due to the nature of our events, an accurate headcount is important. Please contact one of the event coordinators if you have RSVP’ed but are unable to attend this event.