Terms & Conditions
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS!
I, being at least 21 years of age today, hereby execute this Release and Waiver of Liability (this “Release”) in favor of #cbusgivesback, an Ohio nonprofit corporation, and its directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively “CGB”). I desire to work as a volunteer for CGB and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer. I understand that the activities may include forms of manual labor and/or non-manual labor as so designated by CGB. I understand that these activities may include the use of equipment and place me in situations that may pose a risk of harm to me. I acknowledge I have the right and responsibility to cease participating in these activities or tasks, at any time, based on my personal comfort level.
I hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress execute this Release under the following terms:
- Waiver and Release. I hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless CGB and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from acts of volunteerism for CGB. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges CGB from any liability or claim that I may have against CGB with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my work for, or involvement with, CGB whether caused by the negligence of CGB or its officers, directors, employees, or agents or otherwise. I also understand that CGB does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance, in the event of injury or illness.
- Medical Treatment. I hereby release and forever discharge CGB from any claim whatsoever that arises or may hereafter arise on account of first aid, treatment, or service rendered, or lack thereof, in connection with my work for CGB.
- Assumption of Risk. I understand that the work for CGB may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to, manual labor, non-manual labor, and transportation to and from work sites. In connection thereto, I recognize and understand that activities at CGB may, in some situations, involve inherently dangerous activities. I hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release CGB from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of my work for or other involvement with CGB.
- Insurance. I understand that CGB does not carry or maintain primary health, medical, life or disability insurance coverage for any volunteer. Each CGB volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain his or her own medical or health insurance coverage.
- Photographic Release. I hereby grant and convey unto CGB all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by CGB during my work for CGB, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
- Other. I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Ohio and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable. My electronic submission of this Release is intended to be and shall be deemed my legal signature and my acceptance of this Release.